As announced on the Google Lat Long blog, today Google revealed the winners of their “Build Your Campus in 3D Competition“. They are:
- University of Minnesota – Department of Architecture
- Purdue University – Departments of Computer Graphics Technology and Education
- Concordia University, Loyola Campus – Department of Civil Engineering
- Stanford University – Department of Architectural Design
- Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) – Departments of Engineering and Computer Science
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering – Department of Engineering
- Dartmouth College – Departments of Computer Science and Digital Art
The winners get to fly out to Mountain View in August for a 3-day visit and workshop. Fun prize!
Even better, Google says that nearly 4,000 buildings were modeled and submitted for this contest. That will certainly give their 3D content a boost when all of that is pushed into Google Earth.