As reported on the Google LatLong blog, a new version of Google Earth Enterprise has been released.
Some of the enhancements include:
- Browser integration with the Google Maps API AJAX architecture, allowing 2D map views to be embedded in any web-based application, so everyone in an organization benefits from the power of Google Earth Enterprise.
- Performance enhancements amounting to as much as a 10x speedup for vector data processing and better than 2x reduction in server computation for responding to imagery requests.
- New search framework for integrating geocoding and other search services via Java plug-ins including a Google Search Appliance reference implementation.
- Regionator for creating Super-Overlays with Regions based KML and publishing them for viewing in any Google Earth client version (Free, Plus or Pro).
- Security improvements and extended Operating System support including Red Hat Enterprise Server 4 and SUSE Linux 9 and 10.
They’ve also streamlined the interface and made a handful of other improvements. Full details on the LatLong blog.