Frank Taylor at the Google Earth Blog has posted a great round-up of the best weather-related tools for Google Earth.
The best piece of this post is the huge weather and storm tracking tools collection network link. It contains a handful of folders with various kinds of data, which includes:
- two global hurricane tracking tools
- global cloud maps
- current global lightning strikes animation
- severe weather warning data and radar data for the US
- a large collection of weather image overlays from TropicalAtlantic
- weather observations for the US from WeatherBonk
- a real-time day/night viewing tool
- the global annual lightning flash rate map from NASA
If you enjoy following the weather, this is well worth checking out.