- Export collections to GPS using KML, GPX and GeoRSS.
- Improved 3D cities. Las Vegas, Dallas, Denver and Phoenix are now in “version 2″, which includes higher-res textures, more buildings and even rendered tress. Other cities will be added/updated as time goes on.
- Better 3D modeling using 3DVIA. Microsoft’s answer to SketchUp, 3DVIA, has seen a handful of improvements.
- Labels for Birds Eye imagery.
- MapCruncher Integration. MapCruncher allows you to do overlays in a similar manner to Google Earth. It’s more complex than needed for simple overlays, but it’s very powerful for large or uneven overlays. With this release you can add your MapCrunched layers to your Collections, then share them.
- Capture hi-def movies of your tours, up to 1920×1080.
- Improved KML display.
Tons of new features in Virtual Earth
April 11, 2008 By 5 Comments