Google has updated some imagery in Google Earth, and once again they’re revealing it in the form of a quiz. Frank Taylor has already posted a few answers, so I’ll add those to our list. If you know any others, post your response in the comments and we’ll try to get them all figured out.
None of these answers have been verified yet, so some might be wrong. Remember that Google Maps still has the old imagery, so if you think something is new in Google Earth, compare it to Google Maps to find out for sure.
1) This city is home to over 300 museums. Its flower is the bird of paradise and its tree is the coral tree.
2) An historic landmark, this all wood luxury hotel was built in 1888.
Coronado Island near San Diego
3) This city’s namesake was the Governor of Tennessee.
4) Many believe the Greek King Ulysses founded this modern day capitol city.
5) Towering above many, this city is the 2nd highest capital on its continent.
6) Considered the fashion capitol of the world, you can now visit this city with high-res imagery.
7) This is the city where Vegemite was invented and is now exclusively produced.
8) The cruise ship capitol of the world has gotten a fresh set of pixels.
9) The currency of this island is known as Manx.
Isle of Man
Other updated areas: