As reported by the Google Earth Blog, the winners of the “Build Your Campus in 3D” are now available in Google Earth. Check them out in Google Earth, or watch the video that gives a brief tour of each campus.
As announced on the Google Lat Long blog, today Google revealed the winners of their “Build Your Campus in 3D Competition“. They are:
- University of Minnesota – Department of Architecture
- Purdue University – Departments of Computer Graphics Technology and Education
- Concordia University, Loyola Campus – Department of Civil Engineering
- Stanford University – Department of Architectural Design
- Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) – Departments of Engineering and Computer Science
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering – Department of Engineering
- Dartmouth College – Departments of Computer Science and Digital Art
The winners get to fly out to Mountain View in August for a 3-day visit and workshop. Fun prize!
Even better, Google says that nearly 4,000 buildings were modeled and submitted for this contest. That will certainly give their 3D content a boost when all of that is pushed into Google Earth.