This sounds great! Frank Taylor at the Google Earth Blog has just revealed that Google will be releasing a browser plug-in today that will essentially put Google Earth in your browser.
A few notes so far:
- Windows only, but it should work on IE, Firefox and others.
- Mac/Linux support coming later.
- It’s not just Google Earth in a wrapper. It will likely have fewer features.
- It does include day/night, 3d models, sky mode and layers.
- Google Earth will not need to be installed on the machine for the plug-in to work.
- Current Google Map mashups can use this plug-in with a single line of code.
No link yet (it’s not live), but it should be available later today.